The Hall is adjacent to the St Mary Le Moor Church and lends itself to Weddings, Christenings and other family events/special occasions.
The Hall is adjacent to the Cadmore End Cricket Club ground and has connections with the Primary School nearby.
Available for hire daily throughout the year. The venue is ideal for a wide range of activities including meetings, talks, concerts, exhibitions, fitness groups, social events, Wedding Receptions, Pre-school /Montessori, Dancing classes, Whist, Pilates, Yoga, Tai-Chi, Bridge, Exercise classes, Art and Crammer Classes.
The Hall is approximately 14m X 6m (84sq m) and has a Table seated capacity for 80 persons dining and a maximum seating of 100. Full central heating. Separate Ladies and Gents Lavatories plus Disabled lavatory.
All electricity and heating costs are included in Rental charges.
Containing stainless steel double sink/drainer with separate hand wash basin, electric cooker,double oven, microwave, fridge, Hostess trolley hot plate warmer, dishwasher, kettle and hot water urn.
Also available are dinner plates, side plates, bowls, cups, saucers, knives, forks and spoons, plus wine and drinking glasses at a small extra cost.
Garden area approx. 10 m X 12m opening onto a large Cricket Field
The Hall was built c.1890 as a Parish Room and still exists but this is now the kitchen. The new hall was originally a drill hall, used for training soldiers for WW1 and was purchased by the villagers and erected by them in 1927 . Someone organised a collection of silver coins, spoons, and other pieces of silver from the villagers which paid for part of the new building.
The hall was very well used and at one stage there were dances there most Saturday nights.
By 1990 the hall had fallen into disrepair with leaking roof and walls. A Cadmore End Church Road resident, Ms Stenhouse, generously left a sizeable sum in her will to the Church (which owns the Village Hall) and the PCC decided to spend part of this inheritance on renovating and improving the hall. The structure was retained but it had entirely new cladding, windows and a new roof and the roof and walls were insulated. At the time the Diocese would not allow anything other than a refurbishment, on the original hall footprint, if this wasn't acceptable they would revert the land to Glebe!
In 2016 a new, more permanent, metallic roof was added as again the old roof developed leaks.
Bookings Secretary: Alison Jones
Phone : 01494 881735